Port Everglades Bridge
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Client: Broward County
Engineer Firm: EAC Consulting, Inc.
The four span new bridge connects Southport with the Fort Lauderdale Port Everglades. The bridge supports two traffic lanes and is used by freight and cruise line passengers. Logistically, the new bridge structure enables container trucks to travel unimpeded throughout the Port without having to leave secure areas and having to re-enter security.
The projects features includes:
- Maintenance of traffic throughout all phases of construction
- Demolition and Asbestos Abatement of existing Dry Marina buildings
- Slope stabilization (contour the slope configuration along the existing embankment and placement of rip-rap rubble material)
- Site security and bridge fencing
- Earthwork and grading activities