SCOPE AND ORGANIZATIONAL IMPACT
Responsible for reviewing contracts and agreements for accounting related information along with reviewing and preparation of the financial statements for the project. The Project Accountant will follow Moss policies and procedures and will communicate any potential profitability or risk to management within a reasonable timeframe. Additionally, this position will provide support for month end closing process and other required reports as defined.
- Review Owner Contract, addendums and exhibits to ensure financial/risk compliance
- Interpret and understand the owner contract requirements as it relates to the project financially
- Review of ALL PCI’s prior to posting within CMiC for accuracy and correct PCI type usage
Job (Project) Setup/Administration/Closeout:
- Maintain Notice to Owner Log (external or in CMiC).
- Process, code and enter invoices and subcontract requests for payment.
- Prepare monthly client billings
- Assist with the collection of accounts receivable as requested for the project.
- Monitor and manage of all accounts created/established for the project.
- Prepare and document items required for subcontractor check release.
- Prepare Releases of Lien and Releases of Claim as required.
- Process weekly and bi-weekly payroll time sheet entry and collection for job-site.
- Preparation and submission of timely and accurate billing reconciliations to job cost.
- Assist PM with accounting reports/issues they may need and audit/reconcile the job cost detail.
- Handle daily project issues.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Monitor sub-guard program with risk department to validate contract values along w/ enrolled subs (if applicable)
- Work in conjunction with the Project Manager (PM) and the CCIP Coordinator to manage the CCIP program on the project (if applicable).
- Collect and review insurance certificates for accuracy.
Candidate must have initiative, be a team player along with displaying independent thinking. Must also have the ability to perform cost analysis and be organized to maximize efficiency. Additionally, candidate must be able to be flexible to work either in the corporate office facility or on-site (project location).
- Bachelor of Science, Accounting (Preferred)
- 5 years minimum of work experience in Project Accounting
- Efficient and effective use of Microsoft Office products – Excel & Word
- Excel – ability to compose, evaluate and troubleshoot spreadsheets
NO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS OR AGENCIES