Inteplast Manufacturing Plant
Completed for Uniscite Inc., Moss was awarded the design-build contract for this client’s first North American plant. Located on a 35-acre site in Gray Court, South Carolina, Moss constructed a steel and precast facility for their manufacturing of high-quality, biaxially-oriented polypropylene (BOPP) film, which is used in a wide variety of food packaging.
Moss assigned two Mandarin-speaking employees to the project, to work closely with this international client to ensure the project stayed within budget and on schedule. Moss also coordinated with Uniscite suppliers in Germany for special building codes and requirements for the BOPP film production. From September 4th to March 18th the Moss team placed 11,485 cubic yards of concrete for equipment foundations and manufacturing area floors.
- 300,000 square feet of steel and precast facility space
- Corporate offices and employee locker rooms
- Large-capacity silos, two production lines, and finished-good warehouse
- Storage racks for film curing, and rail delivery and off-loading systems
- Reprocessing area for recycling waste