Soho Beach House
Situated along the Atlantic Ocean with direct access to the beach and in the heart of Miami Beach, this project included a historic restoration of the Art Deco Sovereign Hotel, opened in 1942 at 4385 Collins Avenue, and an adjoining 15-story oceanfront tower topped by a three-story “living room in the sky.”
Extensive investigative demolition and remedial work to the existing structure was required and Moss worked closely with the owner, consultants, city building officials and historic preservationists to ensure this portion of the scope of work was done meticulously. Proximity to adjacent commercial and residential structures also required unique safety and logistical challenges for on site crews who had limited access for staging and laydown.
The redesign and expansion resulted in a singular boutique, members-only hotel replete with luxury amenities.
- 44 luxury hotel rooms and suites
- Multiple private dining and bar areas
- A new pool situated atop the historic structure
- A two-story, trademarked Cowshed Spa with special Vermont lumber
- In-ground swimming facilities
- A beach club
- A ground-floor restaurant open to the public
- Elaborate gardens