University of Miami Biomedical Research Center
As construction manager, Moss completed this 10-story Biomedical Research Center, garage, and central energy plant at the University of Miami Medical Campus while maintaining full operations of existing hospitals and medical buildings in a dense urban community. The biomedical building consists of 100,928 square feet of lab and 64,709 square feet of office space, and includes critical components typically incorporated in various types of world-class research centers, including a conference center, all under one roof. The assignment represents one of many projects that Moss has built for this owner.
- 20,000 SF of vivarium space for both large and small animals
- A Class 10,000 cGMP manufacturing lab
- BSL II wet labs
- A 20,000-pound bulk sterilizer
- A minus-80 degree Celsius freezer farm
- Case wash quarantines and instrument rooms
- An imaging suite with MRI, C/T and catheterization lab
- High-induction lab exhaust fans, custom air handling units, energy recovery units, central air compressors and vacuum
- A dedicated air system for the cGMP lab.