University of Miami, Student Center
This 110,000-square-foot Student Activity Center sits at the center of the University’s main campus along Lake Osceola. The complex is designed to centralize campus amenities and unite the student body. The facility features a large multipurpose room capable of adapting into banquet, lecture or performance spaces. The Rathskeller, a UM mainstay since 1973, was rebuilt as a modern eatery and student lounge inside the SAC building.
As construction manager, Moss worked with owner and designers beginning with the preconstruction planning phases to ensure all budget, schedule and logistical requirements were addressed. Moss delivered this projected on time and in budget.
- 110,000 square feet of facility space
- 10,000-square-foot student organization suite
- Fully equipped media center with computer rooms and production facility
- Conference rooms and workspace for individual/group study
- 400-seat auditorium/theatre
- Food court with indoor/outdoor dining
- Lounge and galleries